A Walk In Solidarity with Refugees, Asylum Seekers and Detainees
Tickets for Refugee Tales Walk 2020 are available on the University of Kent website now. Buy your tickets here.
We advise you not to delay as last year our walk sold out extremely quickly!
This year’s walk will be from Crawley to Winchester from 4-8 July:
Crawley to Dorking – Saturday 4 July
Dorking to Guildford – Sunday 5 July
Guildford to Farnham – Monday 6 July
Farnham to Four Marks – Tuesday 7 July
Four Marks to Winchester – Wednesday 8 July
Full walk tickets with overnight stays and initial briefing evening are: £195. Please note that the evening performance on the final evening is by ticket only £12.50 with the link.
Weekend tickets are: £95 –the weekend ticket includes Friday night, Saturday night, dinner on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and packed lunch on Saturday and Sunday.
Day walk tickets are: £15 –these include the walk and talk and free evening event (except the final evening that is by ticket only) but do NOT include packed lunch or dinner.
Student full walk tickets: £110.
The full walk with accommodation, breakfast, lunch and dinner from the evening of Friday 3th July in Crawley to Wednesday 8th July finishing in Winchester (no accommodation provided on the Wednesday evening).
• Accommodation will often be in community and parish halls.
• Women and men will have separate accommodation. Please bring sleeping bag and mattress.
• There will be an information session for walkers and a health and safety briefing on the evening of Friday 3th July and it is important that you are able to attend this session. Please arrive by 5.30pm.
• We will provide three meals a day.
• The walks are led by experienced walk leaders every day.
• There will be lunchtime talks every day.
• Entry to all evening events are included (except the final evening event which needs to be purchased separately)
Birthday Ambassador Tickets
Please be one of our 25 GDWG Birthday Ambassadors. In booking a Birthday Ambassador full walk ticket, you pledge to raise at least £250 through JustGiving. This will be used for the core work of GDWG in our 25th birthday year. We politely suggest that groups of friends taking part in Refugee Tales nominate one walker as a Birthday Ambassador and share their Just Giving link to maximise our donor reach. Ambassador tickets cost the same as full walk tickets, but in buying one of these tickets, you kindly agree to open a JustGiving page and raise funds in our birthday year.